Friday, May 23, 2008

Shelter dogs update


I know I have neglected updating this blog for a bit but here I sit now updating and adding new photos...
OK - where to start: DeeDee was rescued by Ace of Hearts, bless their bulldoggie little souls, and is now named Willow. She is still looking for a forever home, so see her at http://www.aceofheartsdogs.com/ .
I rescued Lala from the shelter a few weeks ago - she was put on the euthanasia list and slated to be killed =( I have no where to house her (I already have pitty dogs of my own) so she is in boarding/training downtown at $15.00/day. I have recdeived a few donations for her boarding, but am always looking for a little more help. I have a paypal account under twubben@sbcglobal.net - any amount will help. Ideally I'd like to find her a foster home where she can get the love and attention she deserves while waiting for a family to adopt her. She is a really sweet girl. Loves people and car rides and walks and belly rubs and slobbery kisses. I'm not sure how she is with other dogs yet, we're still in the "testing" phase. I will devote a whole post to Lala soon but for now you can see her at http://www.pawdsquad.org/ click on dogs and them find Lala and read her bio. Here is a video of her to watch!





Mary is still at the shelter and it saddens me that she will probably be the one I can't save. She has come a long way, but is still so fearful that she won't engage with anyone walking by her kennel. It breaks my heart. She is such a beautiful girl and I hope and pray that a miracle happens for this girl. She has faded into the abyss of like colored pitties at the shelter and no one really even sees her as they walk by. Poor soul.
Photobucket

Gabe, a big headed lug of a boy is also still at the shelter. He came in from a vet's office where he was abandoned by his owners after being hit by a car. Watch his video here

No comments: